Music 3A is the first class of a four semester sequence for music majors. Topics will include: notation, major and minor scales, composing melodies, triads and seventh chords, counterpoint, four-part diatonic harmony, non-harmonic tones and diatonic aural skills.
I try and keep the online information current for this class, but please keep in mind that assignments and exam dates given out in class will always take precedence over what is posted online. This web site is not meant to replace what takes place in the classroom.
Student Set ID – Use this number to register for this class – 38163
Music 3A Written Final Sheet – December 8th 8 – 10 AM.
Music 3A Final Dictation Sheet – Complete this test on Auralia as many times as needed.
Dictation Final Steps – DUE DATE IS: 12/7/17
- Get the test sheet from a lab attendant or you can print it out if there aren’t any copies left.
- Take the test in Auralia – it’s located on the home page.
- Make sure you enter the notes in Auralia and on the sheet.
- Write your name, date and time. The time recorded in Auralia needs to match what you put on the sheet.
- If you’re satisfied with your score, give it to the lab attendant, otherwise you can’t retake it as many times as needed.
- The test is timed so you need to budget your time. There is a timer in the program that lets you know how much time is left.
- You can practice at home, but the one you turn in must be done in the lab.